The RBI Assistant post is equivalent to the clerical cadre in the banking sector. However, the salary, perks and other benefits are slightly better than other junior associate posts, which makes this one of the most sought after exams in the country.
Aspirants across the country looking forward to the Assistant examination 2021 must start their preparation now as the official notification is expected to release anytime soon. It is important that the candidate be familiar with every aspect of the recruitment process to successfully crack the exam.
Discussed further below is a step-by-step preparation strategy that will help aspirants prepare for the upcoming Reserve Bank of India recruitment. With lakhs of registration every year, qualifying the exam is getting tougher each year, and thus, candidates must be thoroughly prepared. Aspirants can get the latest updates on RBI Admit Card at the linked article.
RBI Assistant – Key Points Regarding the Recruitment
- All the important information, including the eligibility, exam dates, scheme of selection, salary, probation period, application process details and documents required, are mentioned in the official notification. One must carefully go through the same
- Although the conducting body has not made many changes in the exam pattern and syllabus over the past 2-3 years, candidates must ensure that they re-check the selection scheme in the notification
- Go through the eligibility details before filling in the application form as any discrepancy in the registration may lead to disqualification of the applicant
- There is no Interview, and the prelims are only qualifying nature. Thus, candidates must make sure they score more in the Mains phase of the examination
- The candidates must have original certificates of educational qualification, category certificate, identity proof and other documents mentioned in the notification, as they are all checked before the provisional allotment
Strategy To Prepare for RBI Assistant 2021
The first and foremost thing that a candidate must do before starting the bank exam preparation is that he/she must set a proper time table that covers all the subjects with proper time devoted for revision. Given below are the key points which will help candidates strategy their study plan:
- All Subjects are Important –Each section in the bank exam has a specific number of questions, and doing well in all of them is extremely important as there is a sectional cut off as well. Equal time must be dedicated for the preparation of each section
- Time Management is the Key – Since the question paper has to be solved within the stipulated time and few questions can be time taking, candidates must focus on solving more questions in a shorter time span. This can only be achieved after thorough preparation and solving of questions
- Shortcut Tricks make it convenient – Try are multiple tricks that can help to solve questions faster yet efficiently. Thus, while solving questions at home, try applying these shortcut formulas to get your answer and practise them well
- Question Papers/Mock Tests can be helpful – They will help you apprehend the standard of examination and know the topics which are important from the examination point of view
- Take breaks while studying – Do not indulge in hours of studying without taking breaks as that can exhaust you and fluster your mind
- Revision is Important – Since the syllabus is comprehensive, the probability of forgetting things increases. Thus, the last 2-3 months before the examination must be spent on revision
- Read the newspaper daily –The current affairs and static GK part are generally based on the events that have taken place between the six months before the examination. Thus, reading the newspaper will keep you updated and informed
Finally, candidates must not over-pressurise themselves as stress can increase the probability of committing small mistakes in panic or rush. Also, one must not think of what the result would be while preparation as it may cause anxiety.
Those, who are looking forward to applying for the upcoming RBI Assistant 2021 exam, can visit the RBI Assistant Result page and get information about the cut off and result status from the past years.